Current Volunteer Jobs
Source Volunteer jobs
- Develop the outdoors seating at the site - make some outdoors furniture out of reclaimed wood
- Install a dripper irrigation system for the garden
- Build a sand pit for kids
- Expand herb production (grow some seedlings or cuttings to plant at Source, or for sale in the shop)
- Make a frog pond
- Help out with whipper-snippering and caretaking on the site on a regular basis
- Plant things along the outside of the fence to out-compete grass (e.g. pigface and herbs).
- Plant hardy flower and herbs on the bank (rosemary, lavender, geraniumsm natives). Also above the gravel tyres.
- Make another garden bed around the side - lower than the first one. For plants that don't need watering so much - perhaps perenialls? Rhubarb?
- Plant succulents such as aloe vera in the gravel tyres
- Fix the compost bin lids.
- Put up some laserlight on the pergola to create a waterproof outdoor area
- Plant a kiwifruit vine - perhaps climbing up the stage?
- Help organise a weekly lunch at Source
- Keep the shop up to date with membership forms and fliers and photocopy them when needed
- Distribute flyers and posters around town
- Write articles for newsletters, newspapers, etc.
- Explore other free / cheap marketing options
- Organise an event to celebrate good food and community
- Organise an event to engage university students
- Fundraising ideas of your choice
- Be a site tour guide
- Set up a program for paid school excursions
- Run a skill share event (e.g. preserving, seed saving, composting, whatever you are good at and want to share!)
- Create an information folder about the facilities on the site (how to build a floppy fence, etc.)
- Explore options for installing renewable energy on site
In addition to the specific tasks/projects listed above there are ongoing volunteer opportunities:
- Shop volunteers - You will be expected to work for 8 hours every 6 weeks, which will entitle you to a 30% discount on produce. Send an email to email@example.com , or call into the shop to discuss volunteering with Michelle.
- Garden volunteers:
- Garden working bees – 1st Saturday of every the month, 11am – mid afternoon @ Source.
- Garden committee member – have active involvement in what goes on in the garden.
- Garden watering - be added to the roster
- Board member & Board support volunteer positions – board members are elected at the AMG every year. To express interest in these roles, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our fortnightly email newsletter has all the latest news, events and ways to be involved, email email@example.com to subscribe.